Sibongile is an HIV activist, she is passionate about the wellbeing of people living with HIV.
Having lived with HIV for more than 20 years, Sibongile lives openly with her positive status, and she advocates for health rights internationally. Besides HIV, Sibongile is passionate about the wellbeing of women, justice for GBV victims and other issues affecting women in communities.
Being a national leader, Sibongile wears many hats:
▪ She is currently the national chairperson of the Treatment Action Campaign
▪ She is the general secretary of the People Living with HIV sector in South Africa.
▪ She is an honorary fellow at the Steve Biko Centre for Bioethics.
▪ She is the second deputy chairperson at the South African AIDS Council (SANAC).
▪ She is a board member of Rural Health Advocacy Project (RHAP).
▪ She is a board member at NACOSA.
▪ She serves at the Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism representing People Living with HIV.