Dr Magome Masike
Dr Magome Masike is the Registrar of the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
Dr Masike is well-known in the medical industry, as he was previously a Member of Executive Council (MEC) for Health in the North-West province from 2010 to 2018. His achievements as a leader in the healthcare industry includes his leading role in the amalgamation of Tshepong and Klerksdorp public hospitals.
He holds an MBChB and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). He is currently a candidate for a Doctor of Philosophy in Public Health. Dr Masike is not new to leadership roles. He was the Chairperson of the North-West Parks Board and the Executive Mayor of the Matlosana Local Municipality from 2000 to 2004.
Dr Masike’s other prominent roles include –
- Business Development Director of Healthcare at Oracle South Africa where he reported on Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA),
- Chairperson of the North-West Provincial Tender Board,
- Member of the Provincial Legislature,
- Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee for Finance in the Office of the Premier,
- President of the South African Medical Association (SAMA) in the North-West,
- Member of the University Council of the Medical University of Southern Africa (MEDUNSA),
- Chairperson of the Audit Committee,
- As an Executive Mayor, Dr Masike led the amalgamation of four Municipalities, Klerksdorp, Stilfontein, Orkney and Hartebeesfontein,
- Dr Masike was the Chairperson of the North-West Parks Board from 2019 until 2022 and contributed to the merger of the North-West Parks Board and the North-West Tourism Board to form the North West Parks and Tourism Board.
Dr Masike brings a wealth of experience gained from both public and private sector.